Sunday, June 26, 2011

Protein bars -Vegan style

Full of protein and fiber...but, no animal by-products (do bees count?) 

If you haven't tried Arbonnes products yet, I suggest you give them a try.  The protein powders are not only vegan, but one of the best tasting I've had.  I use, and love, many products from Arbonne.  One thing that got me interested in tryin Arbonne was their mission and ingredient policy, read the policy below and I bet you'll be hooked too.
http://www.arbonne.com/products/index.asp

You don't have to stick to just shakes with protein powders, try this easy recipe below for a delicious bar. 
(To make gluten free be sure to purchase certified gluten-free rolled oats)

Ingredients:
1 tea. olive oil
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 scoops Arbonne Essentials protein powder - vanilla
1 scoop Arbonne fiber boost
1/3 cup craisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans and walnuts)
1 cup oats




Heat peanut butter, honey and olive oil over low heat until well mixed.
Stir in remaining ingredients and smooth into baking dish. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment