Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pepperoncini Beef Sandwiches

I'm going to go ahead and say once you eat this sammich you will make it again and again, trust me.  This one is easily one of my most requested meals to make.

Prepare yourself for how incredibly simple this recipe is....

Ingredients:
3 - 4 lb chuck roast
1lb jar pepperoncini peppers and juice
Salt
Pepper
Squishy buns
Provolone cheese slices

Trim roast of excess fat and place into a crock pot.
Salt and pepper the beef.
Remove stems and seeds from peppers and toss into the pot, pour pepper juice in as well.  You could add a little beef stock/broth or even water if needed....about 1/4 cup.

Set on low for 8 hours.

Lightly shred the beef and let cook for another 20 minutes. I like to skim the fat and add more peppers, if you want it a bit more spicy.


















Place beef on a delicious squishy bun and cover with a slice of provolone.
Broil just enough to melt the cheese and toast the bun up.

Sometimes when I'm feeling sassy I'll dip it in au jus.




Yes, I realize that's not provolone...did you really think I don't know my cheese! I made mine with some gouda I had left over....so, really any cheese works but, provolone ties it all together the best.
 You can thank me for this one later... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment